How the QR code menu works
QR code menus are already fully functional in restaurants, cafes, and hotels in large and small cities in Europe, America, and Asia. Visitors only need to scan the barcode before entering the establishment, sitting at a table, or while being at home - and a detailed description of dishes, cocktail card, seasonal menu, and other relevant offers will appear on their smartphone screen. All these actions take less than a minute, and guests don’t need to wait and interact with the waiter.
Key pros for the QR menu
It is for sure that for any establishment it’s convenient and effective to use the QR menu. The benefits of contactless technologies for the restaurant business have been discussed just a few years ago but they have been particularly hotly discussed in 2020. The reason for this is the desire of restaurateurs to protect staff and guests, relieve waiters and cooks from extra workload, as well as speed up service to people and enhance its quality. And, of course, the desire to increase business profitability played an important role as well.
In addition to providing direct functional advantages, the QR code menu is crucial for building the restaurant's reputation. People go to places like this for more than just food; they crave vivid impressions from the interior design and service, and in the back of mind they want to be surprised by the gastronomic novelties on the menu and the creativity of the staff. Therefore, by implementing the QR code technology, you show regular and potential guests that your restaurant is something more than it seems.
Indeed, in modern realities, a contactless QR code menu works effectively both in fashionable restaurants and common fast food outlets. It only remains to find out how the no-touch menu works.
The QR menu functioning from the guest side
Let’s consider the average restaurant visitor. They want to sit down at a table and place an order or arrange delivery to their home or office. Using your contactless menu, the algorithm of actions is extremely simple:
- Guests open the “Scanner” application on their smartphone or camera. Hovering the device over the QR code on the table, banner, leaflet, or finding the code in the post on social networks, they instantly follow the link and see your full digital menu.
- A menu with photos, reviews, descriptions of ingredients, prices, and other details pops up on the mobile of clients. They feel that they receive maximum information and easily make a well-informed choice.
- Guests only have to wait until their food and drinks are made, and prepared for takeout or delivery. Meanwhile, they can immediately pay for the order via Apple Pay or Google Pay or they can pay when the order is ready or after a meal.
That is why the appliance of the QR code menu enhances service quality. You simplify the process of interacting with visitors, thereby improving the guests’ safety and increasing the speed of the serving process.
Operation of the QR menu from the sidelines of management
On the other side of the smartphone screen, the contactless menu is no less handy and functional. The administration and restaurateur also benefit from implementing this modern technology. Thanks to the online menu with access via a QR code, the process of accepting and processing of orders follows an accurate and understandable algorithm:
- While guests look through the online menu, the venue’s staff can focus on other duties or serve guests who are used to the traditional paper menu and personal communication with the waiter.
- As soon as a visitor makes a choice, the waiter receives a notification about a new order, adds it to your automation system, and the kitchen staff immediately starts preparing dishes. The whole interaction process is automated and doesn’t require the full attention of the staff.
- When dishes and drinks are cooked, the waiter marks the order as ready, thus notifying the guest. From there, the client can pick up the takeaway order in person, expect home delivery, or simply eat directly at your restaurant.
Now the staff of the restaurant hall and kitchen will work even more seamlessly and cohesively. You will relieve the staff from excessive workload, allowing waiters to faster serve more guests per shift, and you’ll also automatize the procedure for giving new orders to the kitchen.
Who might not like such new opportunities? Both the venue guests and the staff will benefit: receiving and issuing orders will become far easier, safer, and more convenient!